We know the week before, day before and morning off race week can be full of nerves and jitters – here are some tips to make sure you’re on top of your preparation, so you can be stress-free to the start line.
THE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT:
- Rest up, reduce your training load (refer to our training programs) and get some extra sleep.
- Keep an eye out for your Participant Instructions being sent straight to your inbox, this will have all the important information you need for race day.
- Once you have your Participant Instructions check out where bag drop is located, where to find toilets and where to meet your loved ones after your run.
THE DAY BEFORE THE EVENT:
- Get outside and get your legs ticking over for a light jog/walk – this helps prepare your body for what’s to come.
- Our golden rule – never try anything new on race day – this means nutrition, footwear, and clothing!
- Lay out all of your clothing ready to go – including your race bib and watch.
- Have you breakfast ready to go.
- Double check your journey to the event – we recommend public transport. Make sure allow plenty of time to get there so you have time to drop your bag and go to the bathroom.
- Set your alarm and put your phone on charge!
- Go to the toilet before you leave the house.
- Allow extra time to arrive at the start line – so you’re not rushing to your wave start zone.
- Put on your race bib and get ready to HAVE FUN!
Your Race Day Checklist:
- Screenshot or print out the checklist below and tick it off as you get organised for race day.
- Double check your route to the Event Village and download your Participant Instructions.
- Race bib (don’t forget pins!) and a waterproof and reusable bag for bag drop.
- Band-aids (for blisters) + Body Glide (for chafe).
- Runners and socks.
- Watch and headphones.
- Throwaway jacket or jumper (all clothing left at the start line gets donated to charity).
- Run belt, ID, cash & bank card for race day purchases.
- Nutrition– gels, chews or tablets.
- Spare hair ties (for the ladies and the man buns).
- Water bottle/Sports drink.
- Official event merchandise.
- Post-race snack/brekky on the go.